12.6.11

Say yes to strangers

The first semester of my freshman year of college i lived in a dorm with two dudes who i had never met before in my 18 years of life on this planet. Is was expected that i would share close living quarters with these strangers for the following nine months. I don't want to spin any bad vibes about either of these guys, but let's just say that one of them got intentionally locked out of the room on a particular evening. These are the kinds of shenanigans one can look forward to when being blindly paired with others. Imagine the uncertainty which enveloped me when i discovered that i would be sharing a booth at the indieana handicraft exchange with folks who i had never met in my 35 years on this planet. I nearly backed out for fear of having an ex-high school basketball player wrapped in nothing but a bath towel put his fist through something in a drunken rage accompanied by pantera. Yikes. Not again. Well, instead, i am here to tell you that i shared a tent for over eight hours with two of the most incredibly rad people. They are juli and dan of cordinated, and they make groovy guitar cables amongst other groovy things. We spent most of the day discussing lawn ornaments as defensive weapons, high art, fake and non-fake moustaches, and pants among other things.

Don't judge this cat. He's got his own problems.

Now, before parting for the evening, let me just bid a good morrow one more time to my belvedere-sporting pals from the windy city. Let us join forces again soon. And if you came out to see us yesterday, you are fan-steak-n-shake-tasket.